Skip to content

9 Responses

1. Gunnstein Lye says

As a recumbent cyclist I’d say this could work well as a bike, but I would not want it as a city bike. Bents are generally not very good in start/stop situations, slow moving traffic, and manouvering tight spaces. High bottom brackets and high seats as on this one makes it worse. On the open road it could excel, though. I have a bike with very similar geometry and love it for long distances. In the city I use an upright (wedgie) bike.

2. CycleEnTransition says

Nice concept but it already exist, it’s called the Flevobike Greenmachine! and you can have it with electrique assist also (double eurobike awerded): have a look to this bike: https://plus.google.com/photos/115849451383275579643/albums/5851165498097263041

• Shang says

You are wrong, this bike is front wheel drive and ride, like mine.

• Shang says

But you are right, because it already exist, it called to FWDMBB (Front Wheel Drive Moving Bottom Bracket).

3. Impossibly Stupid says

I don’t understand how it’s supposed to keep you dry. The only thing that is covered is your legs, but only from the top. And, as I’ve mentioned before, every time I see a seat like that with zero air flow, all I can think of is the rivers of sweat that would be flowing down my back and pooling in the seat.

I like the Evolution bike much more, probably because I’ve always wanted something like an adult Green Machine. It’s two wheels instead of three, and the front pedal/steering combo can be a little tricky (I’ve ridden a Cruzbike, and it’s not too hard to get used to), but it’s a good start.

4. What if... says

Interesting concept! Hmmm… Imagine how cool it would look if the body sat low to the ground. It would involve cutting a big slot in the nose and working out a rear-wheel-steering system, though, so it would be anything but practical to construct and use.

5. John Campbell says

Have been riding the CruzBike Sofride for several years now on the paved trails and beaches of Hilton Head Island. Hands free steering is effortless at this point and I keep wondering if the addition of a hand crank makes sense in order to enlist the upper body a bit more.
    Internal shifting is the only way to go in the sand. What are the maximun tire widths. I ride a Pugsley also and really would like to see a set for fatties on any of your models.
    This bike design moves and feels very similar to my Honda.
    Beautiful work!
    Thanks

6. Reidea says

io userei ruote da 24pollici è più facile gudarla

Continuing the Discussion

1. Bicycle Design with James Thomas | Whidbey Island Bicycle Club linked to this post on April 2, 2013

[...]   [...]

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.