Skip to content

New bikes from Biomega

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “New bikes from Biomega”.

Posted in Commuter.

Tagged with , , , .

11 Responses

1. andy says

That hole surely doesn’t make up for the added weight from the beefy frame and shaft drive which will add a few pounds each.

• James T says

I think they are probably referring to the visual mass of the frame in this case.

• andy says

Ah yes, usually when I read “mass” I think weight, but being a design blog that makes a bit more sense. You know, my couch has a lot of visual mass too, can they design me one with a hole is the back?

• James T says

That sounds like a DIY project to me. Do you have a sawzall?

2. Ross Nicholson says

Perhaps they will seal helium into the interior for inflated fairings?

3. Juliano says

Hey folks, I think you do not speak Portuguese, but you’ll probably understand the message of the video ” a frame made with 200 PET bottles”

It’s would be a great partnership between Mr. Lovegrove (Biomega) and Mr. Muzzi

I suggest new monocoque frames!

4. Gary says

Will either of these two new bikes be made available with the new Shimano 11 speed internal hub?

5. Elizabeth Bairami says

We are looking for a reference/maintanence manual for our Biomega Copenhagen bike.
    We will appreciate any help and suggestions.

Continuing the Discussion

1. Over the hump » Cyclelicious linked to this post on August 25, 2010

[...] Design provides some intelligent commentary on Biomega’s new LDN bike [...]

2. Biomega LDN & NYC, commutters urbains danois, Weelz.fr Le 1er Magazine Web du Vélo Urbain, Vélo de ville linked to this post on December 21, 2010

[...] Bicycle Design. > Les vélos urbains PUMA par [...]

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.