The Shanghai Bike Convention wrapped up last week, and People’s Bike has some great photo galleries of bikes from the show. Check out all of their posts with the tag Shanghai to get an overall feel. Of particular note are some of the new bikes from traditional Chinese brands like Phoenix, Forever, and Flying Pigeon. Bikes like this one, with its florescent V profile rims are not like any I have seen on the streets in China. It definitely looks like the urban “fixie style” is influencing some of the designs for the domestic Chinese market. Speaking of fixies, People’s Bike has a post dedicated to fixed gear and single speed bikes at the show. I have seen quite a few track bike and road fixie riders in Hong Kong, but I don’t think I have seen more than three in mainland China (all in Shanghai). If this show is an indication, maybe that will change. I will be on the lookout for bikes like some of these on my next trip. Finally, don’t miss People’s Bike’s “Fun Stuff” post, which features bikes like this one that you are likely to only see at a Chinese show (even though the bike I just referenced is Spanish).
- Marius Hjelmervik on Forzer off-road handcycle by Marius Hjelmervik
- Mike on Are beam frames making a comeback?
- Rene on Batavus BUB review
- Cyclelicious » Consider Q when bunny hopping that sagging chain on Transport commuter bike by David Hotard, Matthew Campbell, and Edwin Collier
- John B on Batavus BUB review
- Transport commuter bike by David Hotard, Matthew Campbell, and Edwin Collier
- A couple of bike products years in the making
- “Design Behind the Bike” videos from The Open University
- Nested urban e-trike by Natacha Lesty
- Taking a break from the blog
- The 2013 World Human Powered Speed Challenge
- Canyon Urban Concept Bike
- Bike sketches from 5 different designers
bike sharing Cannondale carbon fiber cargo bikes China city bike Commuter commuter bikes commuter_bike_design_competiton commuting concept bike design design competition E-bike electric bikes eurobike fixie folding bike framebuilding Greenville HPV Interbike light links Mark Sanders pro bikes racing reader submitted design recumbent rendering road bike road racing Shimano Specialized Student Design Taipei Cycle Show Taiwan time trial Tour de France tradeshow trek urban bikes US Pro velomobile wooden bike