Bicycle Design is one year old!

Miscellaneous 9

Wow, time sure does fly. It is hard to believe that it was a year ago today that I started writing this blog. At the time I was inspired by a few other good bike blogs that I had just started to read. Cyclelicious, Masiguy, Go Clipless, and Just Riding Along were the very first blogs that I started to follow on a regular basis. With the exception of JRA, which is no longer updated, those blogs are still among the ones that I read almost every day. Thanks for the inspiration guys.

Looking back, it is interesting to see how Bicycle Design has evolved (or devolved) over the course of a year. If you take a look at my posts from the first few weeks, you will see that I included a few of my own sketches and renderings. That was my intention with the blog in the beginning, but lately, I haven’t been doing that (part of the reason is lack of free time and part is that I don’t want to post any ideas that I might want to pursue at some point). I am not planning to change the format going forward, but I will try to add a few more of my sketches from time to time. Stay tuned and thanks to all of you for reading during the past year.

1. Phil September 20, 2006 at 4:11 pm -  Reply

Happy Birthday James, and thanks for always providing a valuable read.

2. Emily September 20, 2006 at 6:59 pm -  Reply

Congratulations James! And thanks for fixing the feed so that it shows the entire post again :)

3. Olivier Blanchard September 20, 2006 at 11:26 pm -  Reply

Dude, congrats!!!!

4. Tim Jackson- Masi Guy September 20, 2006 at 11:42 pm -  Reply

Thanks for the mention. I’m sure that if you lookat your traffic stats, you’ll see that I spend a fair amount of time on your site these days as well.

Congratulations on hitting the one year mark- we’re all looking forward to several more.

5. James September 21, 2006 at 12:01 pm -  Reply

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Olivier, I wrote the date that I started on my calendar after I saw your post recently about the Brand Builder Blog hitting the one-year mark. Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t have remembered to post on the right day.

Phil, you should be getting pretty close to the one-year mark too. I seem to remember Spinopsys starting soon after I did.

Emily, I didn’t actually fix that feed problem. Blogger is changing things around these days so it seems the problem fixed itself. I’ll take the credit though anyway. You are very welcome.

Tim, I remember seeing your IP address on Statcounter a year ago when I was lucky to get twenty hits a day. Now I get about 50 times that many, but you are right, I still see you in there a lot. Thanks for sticking around.

6. Fritz September 21, 2006 at 9:46 pm -  Reply

I really like your blog, James. I think the evolution has been natural and good.

here’s a direct link to the murata bot video. it’s working okay for me, although it looks like my shift-key has kicked the bucket

7. jeanthibca September 22, 2006 at 10:32 am -  Reply

very good job. 5 more years!!!???

8. James September 22, 2006 at 11:20 am -  Reply

Thanks Fritz for the comlpliment and the link. Not sure why it didn’t work for me before, but this one does. It kind of bothers me that that little guy can tarckstand better than I can. Maybe I was better off not seeing it.

Jean, thank you as well. 5 more years, huh? We’ll have to see about that.

9. James September 22, 2006 at 11:25 am -  Reply

Oops, I meant to say compliment and trackstand. For the record, no little robot can beat me at “tarckstanding”