Skip to content

Hotta time trial bike

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Hotta time trial bike”.

Posted in Uncategorized.

18 Responses

1. ants says

My TT700, frame no 92, is still going strong… great to ride, fast, still turns heads!

2. Anonymous says

I’m sitting here nursing my wounds after hittinh a pothole that ripped the forks straight out of the front of the headtube on my tt700. A sad day.

3. Anonymous says

Hi guys, just thought I’d let you know that I have the famous Tour De France Hotta on my wall! I purchased this one-off Hotta from Chris’s dad a few years back and have restored it to it’s former glory. This is the frame that Chris rode to yellow jersey in Dublin for the prologue then fell off and nearly killed himslelf when he split his head open on the pavement. It has a fixed seat tube/post and that sets it apart from other Hotta’s… photos to come…..

4. James says

Hey Anon, I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures of that bike. Send them on in.

5. Anonymous says

Hi my name is Paul and I ride for Oxford City CC, I have recently bought a Hotta TT700 and rode it for the first time tuesday 10th april 2007 on a 10 mile TT, apart from a little tweaking it was out of this world and has left me proud to be an owner of a hotta

6. Jim Davis says

My Hotta is currently posted for sale on ebay. Several buyers have inquired about the frame size, but I can’t remember what it is. My inseam is 32″, and I normally ride a 58cm road frame. Can anyone tell me how Hotta sized their frames, and how I can tell what size mine is?

Jim Davis
    Athens, GA
    USA

7. Mikael says

I would be very interested in picking up a size Med (54-57cm) Hotta should anyone have one for sale!

8. Jim says

I have a unique Hotta TT700 for sale that was owned by actor comedian Robin Williams, and the frame is signed by him. He is quite a collector and cyclist. I have ridden with him a number of times and become a friend through tha Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).

I am 5 Ft-9 In and it is a size too big for me. I bought it to support the LAF, not to ride and have actually never ridden it.

Jim
    Minneapolis, MN

9. Anonymous says

Have recently got another Hotta…. is having 2 being greedy? lol

Ants

10. Anonymous says

Hello all,

Any info on where I can get a replacement rear mech hanger for my Hotta?

Regards,

Dave England

11. Mikael says

I picked up one over the winter and complete redid – new paint, full carbon accessories and got the weight down to 18bs! This bike rocks!

12. ACB says

I Have a Hotta tt700 with Mavic 3G tri spokes and a campag record group set, the bike is in good condition and i want to sell. I have no idea how much it is worth, can anybody help?

13. ACB says

HottaTT700 for sale,

Carbon Monocoque Frame (61cm) , Campagnolo record groupset (42,52), Mavic 3G wheels (tubs), Shimano 105 Brakes, Syntace TT Bars, ITM Handlebar stem (120ml), Sella Italia SLR saddle, 7 speed block.

POA
    Email for pictures or more info: adamblakeley369@hotmail.com

14. Nick says

Hotta for sale

——————————————————————————–

Hi,
    I have a Hotta TT700 bike for sale. Black, medium size. In excellent condition with no defects.
    I had a health problem 7 years ago and it has been in the loft under wraps since.
    Top rate kit e.g. Virtually new Zipp disc wheel and virtually new corima spoked deep carbon rims. Lots of 9 speed dura ace etc.
    A few top tubs for sale also.
    Never really got the chance to ride it much after build up.

Sensible offers please. I still remember what I paid for the kit. My wifey still hasnt forgiven me. nicholasbc@btopenworld.com

15. Don says

This one is for sale in the Chicago area. Frame size Large

Continuing the Discussion

1. Hotta, Infinity, or Proteus? | Bicycle Design linked to this post on February 28, 2010

[...] of you may remember a couple of years ago when I posted a Hotta time trial bike that was forwarded to me by a reader. In that post, I mentioned how much I love those early 90’s [...]

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.