Hotta time trial bike

Miscellaneous 18 88

One of the best things about writing this blog is that is gives me the opportunity to hear from people around the world who love bikes as much as I do. Recently, I got an email from a reader the UK who complimented the site and sent me few pictures of one of his bikes. Liam purchased this time trial bike, a Hotta with Mavic components, from three time hour record holder Chris Boardman. Apparently when Chris was still racing, he sold several of his bikes, including his Corima and the Lotus Hour Record bikes, to local riders. I won’t say what Liam paid for this particular bike that Boardman used in the Commonwealth Games, but it sounds like he and several other local lads got great deals on these fantastic machines.

Liam also mentioned the times that Boardman raced locally. “I did race a few times against Chris in local 10 mile training races. I would do a modest 21mins on a good day and he would do late 18’s on a bad one (he managed a late 17 once)” That’s an average speed in mph near the mid 30’s, pretty fast for a little training ride.

Thanks for the pictures and the background story Liam. Keep riding that bike fast; I think that is what it is used to.

1. ants December 14, 2006 at 4:07 pm -  Reply

My TT700, frame no 92, is still going strong… great to ride, fast, still turns heads!

2. Anonymous December 16, 2006 at 1:09 pm -  Reply

I’m sitting here nursing my wounds after hittinh a pothole that ripped the forks straight out of the front of the headtube on my tt700. A sad day.

3. Anonymous February 23, 2007 at 3:23 pm -  Reply

Hi guys, just thought I’d let you know that I have the famous Tour De France Hotta on my wall! I purchased this one-off Hotta from Chris’s dad a few years back and have restored it to it’s former glory. This is the frame that Chris rode to yellow jersey in Dublin for the prologue then fell off and nearly killed himslelf when he split his head open on the pavement. It has a fixed seat tube/post and that sets it apart from other Hotta’s… photos to come…..

4. James February 27, 2007 at 1:01 pm -  Reply

Hey Anon, I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures of that bike. Send them on in.

5. Anonymous April 16, 2007 at 1:16 pm -  Reply

Hi my name is Paul and I ride for Oxford City CC, I have recently bought a Hotta TT700 and rode it for the first time tuesday 10th april 2007 on a 10 mile TT, apart from a little tweaking it was out of this world and has left me proud to be an owner of a hotta

6. Jim Davis May 9, 2007 at 7:02 am -  Reply

My Hotta is currently posted for sale on ebay. Several buyers have inquired about the frame size, but I can’t remember what it is. My inseam is 32″, and I normally ride a 58cm road frame. Can anyone tell me how Hotta sized their frames, and how I can tell what size mine is?

Jim Davis
    Athens, GA
    USA

7. Mikael May 20, 2007 at 9:39 am -  Reply

I would be very interested in picking up a size Med (54-57cm) Hotta should anyone have one for sale!

8. Jim June 10, 2007 at 10:51 pm -  Reply

I have a unique Hotta TT700 for sale that was owned by actor comedian Robin Williams, and the frame is signed by him. He is quite a collector and cyclist. I have ridden with him a number of times and become a friend through tha Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).

I am 5 Ft-9 In and it is a size too big for me. I bought it to support the LAF, not to ride and have actually never ridden it.

Jim
    Minneapolis, MN

9. Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 10:18 am -  Reply

Have recently got another Hotta…. is having 2 being greedy? lol

Ants

10. Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 7:32 am -  Reply

Hello all,

Any info on where I can get a replacement rear mech hanger for my Hotta?

Regards,

Dave England

11. Mikael May 8, 2009 at 2:49 pm -  Reply

I picked up one over the winter and complete redid – new paint, full carbon accessories and got the weight down to 18bs! This bike rocks!

12. ACB July 21, 2011 at 2:50 pm -  Reply

I Have a Hotta tt700 with Mavic 3G tri spokes and a campag record group set, the bike is in good condition and i want to sell. I have no idea how much it is worth, can anybody help?

• Rick July 22, 2011 at 8:22 am -  Reply

contact me at mverick160@yahoo.com about selling that hotta with mavic 3g or any large frame complete hotta.

13. ACB August 15, 2011 at 4:34 pm -  Reply

HottaTT700 for sale,

Carbon Monocoque Frame (61cm) , Campagnolo record groupset (42,52), Mavic 3G wheels (tubs), Shimano 105 Brakes, Syntace TT Bars, ITM Handlebar stem (120ml), Sella Italia SLR saddle, 7 speed block.

POA
    Email for pictures or more info: adamblakeley369@hotmail.com

14. Nick September 4, 2012 at 6:19 am -  Reply

Hotta for sale

——————————————————————————–

Hi,
    I have a Hotta TT700 bike for sale. Black, medium size. In excellent condition with no defects.
    I had a health problem 7 years ago and it has been in the loft under wraps since.
    Top rate kit e.g. Virtually new Zipp disc wheel and virtually new corima spoked deep carbon rims. Lots of 9 speed dura ace etc.
    A few top tubs for sale also.
    Never really got the chance to ride it much after build up.

Sensible offers please. I still remember what I paid for the kit. My wifey still hasnt forgiven me. nicholasbc@btopenworld.com

15. Don April 29, 2013 at 2:11 pm -  Reply