Today’s post is another older rendering from the jctdesign archives (i.e. that pile of unlabeled CD’s in the back of my computer cabinet). This one looks like it probably dates back to the days of Y bikes and unified rear triangles; for the sake of simplicity we’ll just peg it as mid nineties. The idea behind this concept was to make a one-wheeled, suspended trailer that could serve more than one purpose. In theory, the red child seat portion could be removed and a cargo module could fit onto the gray base frame in its place. Who knows, maybe other specific load carrying modules would make sense as well. Any ideas? I know that I have used my 2-wheeled Burley style child trailer as a utility trailer. That may not be a formal market study, but it proves that there is at least one person who would like to carry kids, groceries, or anything else with the same trailer. I doubt I would pay a thousand bucks or more for a fancy carbon fiber model, but the same modular idea could be easily applied to a steel-framed, one-wheeled trailer like the Yak from BOB. Now that BOB has the introduced the IBEX plus trailer with suspension, the idea is half way there.
- Marius Hjelmervik on Forzer off-road handcycle by Marius Hjelmervik
- Mike on Are beam frames making a comeback?
- Rene on Batavus BUB review
- Cyclelicious » Consider Q when bunny hopping that sagging chain on Transport commuter bike by David Hotard, Matthew Campbell, and Edwin Collier
- John B on Batavus BUB review
- Transport commuter bike by David Hotard, Matthew Campbell, and Edwin Collier
- A couple of bike products years in the making
- “Design Behind the Bike” videos from The Open University
- Nested urban e-trike by Natacha Lesty
- Taking a break from the blog
- The 2013 World Human Powered Speed Challenge
- Canyon Urban Concept Bike
- Bike sketches from 5 different designers
bike sharing Cannondale carbon fiber cargo bikes China city bike Commuter commuter bikes commuter_bike_design_competiton commuting concept bike design design competition E-bike electric bikes eurobike fixie folding bike framebuilding Greenville HPV Interbike light links Mark Sanders pro bikes racing reader submitted design recumbent rendering road bike road racing Shimano Specialized Student Design Taipei Cycle Show Taiwan time trial Tour de France tradeshow trek urban bikes US Pro velomobile wooden bike