Winners of the ISUDA mobile bike share design competition

Commuter, Concept, Tradeshows & Events 6 31

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Winners of the ISUDA mobile bike share design competition”.

1. Asta March 7, 2013 at 5:58 pm -  Reply

Congrats to the winners!!!Thanks for the jury and other people who shared opinion about the entries. It would be very useful to get a feedback of jury on other entries as well! looking forward for further competitions :)

• Vincent March 10, 2013 at 4:22 pm -  Reply

My turn to congratulate the winners and the thanks the organisers (Francis & James) for the very interesting vision behind the design brief. Congratulations to you also Asta, you have submitted a very nice and pure design! I’m also definitely interested in a feedback of the jury about my design, but also about the rest! And I think this would be a worthwill result for the participants.

• Asta March 11, 2013 at 10:19 am -  Reply

Thank you, Vincent! But your entry is also very nice and definitely stands out from the whole crowd! You did a very good job on graphics and the idea is brilliant,playful and fresh. That would be a totally winner if Singapore would arrange a competition like “Pimp my bike”!

• James Thomas March 12, 2013 at 1:05 pm -  Reply

Asta and Vincent, Thanks for commenting and for your entries.

Vincent, I can say now that your entry was my personal top pick (actually, I had a hard time deciding between yours and Matthew Boobyer’s, so it was more of a tie for my top pick). I really liked the concept of using the electric motor assist to transport several bikes with only one rider.

Asta, your bike ranked high on a couple jury member lists as well.

I look forward to posting the jury comments about both of your designs…and the others…soon.

2. Nick F. March 8, 2013 at 2:22 am -  Reply

Interesting to see the thought process of the judges. There may not have been the number of entries that was hoped for, but I think the goal of a design contest focusing on high-quality, near-term solutions is worth working to perfect. I’m looking forward to future competitions.

If anyone following this contest has a desire to become further involved with bikesharing and will be located in the NYC area this summer, send me an email at nick@socialbicycles.com. I’m starting the search for a few good design interns who are passionate about improving the urban experience by bringing cycling to as many people as possible.

3. francis March 8, 2013 at 11:12 pm -  Reply

The number of entries is not as great as we anticipated possibly due to the restricted brief (my fault!), nevertheless the competition does trigger a healthy discussion about how bike-share can be optimized towards a more sustainable operation in the future, thanks to all the participants! Hope this exercise help to trigger new and innovative directions for those in the bike share industry.
    Big thanks to James for hosting the competition, and the time and valuable inputs from Prof Yap and Mark.
    ISUDA’s ambition is to make bike-share to become financially self-sustaining operation. Personally I believe this is the best way to promote the use of bicycle in as many urban area as possible.