1. Gunnstein Lye March 12, 2013 at 2:03 pm -  Reply

As a recumbent cyclist I’d say this could work well as a bike, but I would not want it as a city bike. Bents are generally not very good in start/stop situations, slow moving traffic, and manouvering tight spaces. High bottom brackets and high seats as on this one makes it worse. On the open road it could excel, though. I have a bike with very similar geometry and love it for long distances. In the city I use an upright (wedgie) bike.

• Shang March 27, 2013 at 6:20 am -  Reply

You are wrong, this bike is front wheel drive and ride, like mine.

• Shang March 27, 2013 at 6:30 am -  Reply

But you are right, because it already exist, it called to FWDMBB (Front Wheel Drive Moving Bottom Bracket).

2. Impossibly Stupid March 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm -  Reply

I don’t understand how it’s supposed to keep you dry. The only thing that is covered is your legs, but only from the top. And, as I’ve mentioned before, every time I see a seat like that with zero air flow, all I can think of is the rivers of sweat that would be flowing down my back and pooling in the seat.

I like the Evolution bike much more, probably because I’ve always wanted something like an adult Green Machine. It’s two wheels instead of three, and the front pedal/steering combo can be a little tricky (I’ve ridden a Cruzbike, and it’s not too hard to get used to), but it’s a good start.

3. What if… March 12, 2013 at 9:36 pm -  Reply

Interesting concept! Hmmm… Imagine how cool it would look if the body sat low to the ground. It would involve cutting a big slot in the nose and working out a rear-wheel-steering system, though, so it would be anything but practical to construct and use.

4. John Campbell March 14, 2013 at 8:52 pm -  Reply

Have been riding the CruzBike Sofride for several years now on the paved trails and beaches of Hilton Head Island. Hands free steering is effortless at this point and I keep wondering if the addition of a hand crank makes sense in order to enlist the upper body a bit more.
    Internal shifting is the only way to go in the sand. What are the maximun tire widths. I ride a Pugsley also and really would like to see a set for fatties on any of your models.
    This bike design moves and feels very similar to my Honda.
    Beautiful work!