Anyone who is interested in the design OF bikes is probably also interested in design FOR bikes (at least that’s my justification for this post). A couple of weeks ago, Jonathon of Bike Portland fame posted about a 20-minute video called “Copenhagen, City of Cyclists.” In the video, Copenhagen’s director of traffic planning talks about the elements that make the city successful when it comes to bicycle usage. Also, he discusses some of the ideas that the city would like to implement in the future to become an even better place to ride a bike. For anyone remotely interested in cycling issues and urban planning, this video is a must see. You will see why Copenhagen has such an enviable bike culture and maybe you will find a few ideas that you can implement where you live. Download the free video from the City of Copenhagen bike page if you haven’t already watched it.
- Bicycle Evolution in a Minute | Spoke Scopes on Archibald Sharp’s classic ‘Bicycles and Tricycles’
- Alfa Romeo cria bicicleta de estrada com quadro de fibra de carbono | bikepedalecia.com.br on Alfa Romeo 4C IFD bicycle
- Pedal Powered Pods Cars | jdiaz50 on New and old pedal powered monorails
- James Thomas on It’s been a great ride
- Shevonne on It’s been a great ride
bike sharing Cannondale carbon fiber cargo bikes China city bike Commuter commuter bikes commuter_bike_design_competiton commuting concept bike design design competition E-bike electric bikes eurobike fixie folding bike framebuilding Greenville HPV Interbike light links Mark Sanders pro bikes racing reader submitted design recumbent rendering road bike road racing Shimano Specialized Student Design Taipei Cycle Show Taiwan time trial Tour de France tradeshow trek urban bikes US Pro velomobile wooden bike