Today I am posting a scanned page from my sketchbook. These are quick “thumbnail” sketches of mountain bikes. Since I sketched all of these just for fun, they don’t all look like they would necessarily work in the real world. Come to think of it, the furniture and lighting ideas that I sketch everyday as part of my real job don’t always make sense either. I guess that is the beauty of sketching. Putting ideas quickly on paper is the only way to evaluate them to see if they are worth exploring further. Computer renderings and modern CAD and modeling packages are great, but thinking on paper with a good old-fashioned pencil is always the place to start.
- Bicycle Evolution in a Minute | Spoke Scopes on Archibald Sharp’s classic ‘Bicycles and Tricycles’
- Alfa Romeo cria bicicleta de estrada com quadro de fibra de carbono | bikepedalecia.com.br on Alfa Romeo 4C IFD bicycle
- Pedal Powered Pods Cars | jdiaz50 on New and old pedal powered monorails
- James Thomas on It’s been a great ride
- Shevonne on It’s been a great ride
bike sharing Cannondale carbon fiber cargo bikes China city bike Commuter commuter bikes commuter_bike_design_competiton commuting concept bike design design competition E-bike electric bikes eurobike fixie folding bike framebuilding Greenville HPV Interbike light links Mark Sanders pro bikes racing reader submitted design recumbent rendering road bike road racing Shimano Specialized Student Design Taipei Cycle Show Taiwan time trial Tour de France tradeshow trek urban bikes US Pro velomobile wooden bike